Kickall is a 6HP compact synth voice that features everything needed to make a big fat Kick sound: A stable VCO that tracks V/Oct, a couple of VCAs, envelopes for volume and pitch and an aggressive wave shaper.
The module has been designed with a kick synthesis patch in mind: VCO to VCA with an envelope to open the VCA and another one to change VCO pitch. As addition a CV controlled waveshaper has been added to the VCO and an extra VCA at the end of the signal path to control the volume of the sound to act as kind of an accent.
- Accurate V/oct tracking.
- CV controllable Sine to Square waveshaper.
- CV controlled envelope decay for main VCA.
- CV control over General volume (after VCA).
- Wide range pitch envelope control.
- Current needs: +12V: 26mA, -12V: 12mA
- Width: 6 HP
- Depth: 30 mm (including power connector)
- Alluminium, heat-treated front panel.
- Designed, kits prepared and completed modules assembled in Barcelona.
On the signal path, this patch starts with a sinewave oscillator that passes across a Sine to Square VC Waveshaper and two VCA’s. In the control path, we have two envelope circuits to modulate the oscillator’s pitch and first VCA. Both envelopes are fired by a trigger circuit that can be activated manually or via dedicated trigger input.
Through its Tune input, Kickall is capable to track eight octaves with high accuracy. This input works under V/Oct standard so you just need to plug your favourite sequencer or CV source to create sequences and patterns out of the kick range.
At the end of the path we have a second VCA with dedicated CV input. Feeding this input with different CV signals (or even audio) we can make a basic AM operation expanding the sonic range of the module.