Rampage is Befaco’s approach to an old invention: the Serge/Buchla ramp generator.
We took the idea of a “patch programmable” function generator/processor, put two units in the same module and expanded them with new functions and ways to combine them: Slope detectors, analogue logic functions and evolved outputs.
- Built around two voltage controlled Integrators aka Lag Processors.
- Convert square signals into ramp waveforms
- Achieve “Portamento” or “Glide” effect when applied to pitch CV signals.
- Basic lowpass filtering
- Current needs: +12V: 110mA, -12V: 90mA
- Width: 18 HP
- Depth: 30 mm (including power connector)
- Aluminium, heat-treated front panel
- Designed, kits prepared and completed modules assembled in Barcelona
- View in Modular Grid
- Voltage controlled Attack Decay envelope.
- Attack Sustain Release Envelope .
- More complex ADSR Style Envelope.
- Dual VCO. With Square, PWM, Saw, Log, Exp and Triangle shapes. Hard and soft sync.
- Gated VCO
- VCO + Analog AND Gate (As ADTimbral VCA)
- Dual Low Pass Filter
- Dual Low pass Filter with VCO soft sync.
- Low Pass Filter + AD Envelope
- Dual “syncable” voltage controlled LFO with Square, PWM, Saw and Triangle shapes)
- Complex LFO . Function combination.
- CV controlled and “Ping-Pong” LFO.
- Dual Slope detector. Distinguishes when and incoming signal (CV or audio) is rising or falling, and generates gates in concordance.
- Comparator. Send a gate when B IN is bigger than A IN
- Polyrythmic gate generator. With both channels synced between each other, it generates several “complex rhythm” gates.
- Voltage controlled Slew limiter with independent attack and decay control and continuous variable shape between Log, linear and exponential
- Peak Voltage follower. Max Out follow the maximum Level of the two inputs.
- Minimum Voltage Follower. Min Out follow the minimum level of the two inputs
- Envelope follower with adjustable response for rising ans falling flanks.
- Voltage controlled Trigger Delay .
- Burst Generator.